Today I continued work on preparing the queries for display in the React app. There's not much exciting to report here. It's just me examining the way the results were arranged (the queries were prepared by my team mate while I worked on the React app itself) and transforming them into either a table or a graph. I took a lot of time today to also pause and clean up my code first. I was very new to the Koa framework that we're using the drive the back end of the Get API, and also very new to React. I ended up with giant files (the app.js of the back end had almost 1000 lines of code) and it was a nightmare to read. I was able to factor out the individual routes and layers of middleware used so that the app.js file of the back end was less than 150 lines of code.
My plans over the next few days are to finish preparing the queries before we plan on beginning to examine the collected data on Thursday.
Note: This was originally posted on the blog I used for my co-op term while at Seneca College (mswelke.wordpress.com) before being imported here.