Today I researched a few more ideas for information to gather during each hit to the Engineering.com website, since my work on the user guide should be done for now before our Thursday demo. My team mate suggested I also begin testing the filter system he created (which lets people build their own queries from scratch, using joins etc from Mongo). It's a good thing we decided to test this, because though the csv export feature is working great, including limits to prevent unresponsiveness etc, it isn't behaving properly with the joins. I completed a variety of tests which involved no joins/one join/many joins with and without filters, and the combination of joins and filters causes it to throw errors, and it can't do well with more than one join either.

We'll try to debug this issue tomorrow before the demo.

Note: This was originally posted on the blog I used for my co-op term while at Seneca College (mswelke.wordpress.com) before being imported here.