Today I continued work on my front end API user interface mock ups. In my previous blog post I described to ideas. One was a very heavy duty UI that would adapt to our MongoDB schema, and the other was a simpler collection of queries arranged for them to use. I worked on the second option today.

I figured the best way to show the mock up would be to get a quick little prototype running. So I made it with Bootstrap and JavaScript. It'll end up doing a lot in the front end with JavaScript anyways (using jQuery to manipulate the DOM), and Bootstrap is quick and easy to use so it didn't slow down the design process. I have things that do things when you click them, and a simple query filtering system almost working. This will work quite well to show my team lead the idea and maybe show the Engineering.com staff soon too for some feedback if they ask to see it soon.

Note: This was originally posted on the blog I used for my co-op term while at Seneca College (mswelke.wordpress.com) before being imported here.